At SoDak Labs, our clients can track their samples from sample submission to viewing results using our online portal, accessible via our website. As a new client, the process begins with setting up your account.
- Fill out a Client Account Profile form and submit to Customer Care staff. To go to the form, click here. If you do not have access to the internet, feel free to give us a call and we can fill out the form over the phone.
- Once you have submitted the form, our Customer Care staff will be in contact with you via phone call to gather payment information and any other remaining information needed to finalize your account setup. If you would like to speed up the process feel free to give us a call with the information below. Please have the following information ready to provide:
Credit Card Number, Expiration, CVV and Billing Zip Code
Credit card numbers are kept on file for all accounts at SoDak Labs and this is strictly for lab use. If you are setup as a prepay account, payment is required before any testing can begin. The credit card you put on file is used in these circumstances unless otherwise instructed by you. In the event of an overdue invoice, your card on file may be ran for the unpaid amount. A receipt will be forwarded to you via email for every transaction as well as a more detailed invoice at the end of the billing cycle. The invoice will be marked “PAID as of (Date)” if all fees have been paid in full.
- After payment information has been collected, your account setup is complete.
- You will be emailed your login information as well as 2 informational flyers to help walk you through the basics of our online sample submission and viewing of results.
- Login to our online portal using the login information that was emailed to you. Upon your first login, you will be prompted through your account personalization. This includes selecting the species and tests you will be selecting for your samples.
- Once the personalization step is complete, you may enter your samples for submission. See the New Sample Submission flyer that was emailed to you or click here to view.
- We request that samples be mailed in sealable plastic bags and you can mail them using whichever service you prefer. USPS, UPS, FedEx and Speedy are our most common shipping companies used.
Once samples are completed, you will receive an email with your results. You can also access your results and view the progress of your testing at any time using our online portal under the Results tab or click here to view our informational flyer on Reviewing Results.
If you have questions during your account setup or on testing services please give Denise or Marissa a call at (605) 692-2758.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do I need to do to send in a sample?
You can find everything you need to know about sending in a sample by navigating to our New Clients page.
Is there a sheet I fill out to request the tests I want done?
How do I pay for my tests?
Accounts at SoDak Labs are set up as either prepay status or invoice status. If you are set up as a prepay account, a credit card number is collected at the time your account is set up to keep on file. The credit card on file is charged for the cost of your tests at the time your samples are received. A receipt is forwarded on to your billing email address provided and a detailed invoice marked as “PAID” is provided at the end of the billing cycle.
If you are an invoice account, an invoice is emailed to your billing email address with the amount due for testing that was completed.
Credit cards are kept on file for all accounts and are strictly for lab use only. The credit card on file is only used if you are a prepay account or if there is a long overdue balance on your account.
What address do I send my samples to?
SoDak Labs, Inc
236 32nd Ave
Brookings, SD 57006
How much seed do I need to send in?
The amount of seed needed depends on the species and test(s) you are requesting. For specific amounts please call the lab.
How should I send my samples?
USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Spee-Dee Delivery are our most common shipping companies used by customers. Choosing a shipping company is your choice.
How long does it take to get results?
The time it takes for tests to complete varies. We can give you more information on when your tests will be completed by calling the lab.
Where can I view my results?
You can view your results by logging into your account and navigating to the Results tab toward the top of the screen. You can also follow the step by step process in our Reviewing Results flyer.
How come the test I want to select in New Sample Submission is not available?
If a desired test is not showing up in your test list on the New Sample page, you may need to add it to your master test list. To edit this list, navigate to Settings > Tests-Edit > Check boxes next to test(s) you would like to add to your test list.
Do you supply sample bags?
We can provide both 3 pound and 9 pound sample bags to customers. You can also send samples in resealable bags such as quart or gallon size Ziploc bags.
What do my test results mean?
If you have questions on how to interpret your test results, feel free to contact the lab. We will connect you with someone that can help explain your results.
What hours are you open?
The lab is staffed M-F and is open 8-5.